2011年12月22日星期四

Future Tense 將來式


Simple Future Tense
How do we use the Simple Future Tense?
1.      No Plan 沒有計劃
I'll get a pen.
l   We will see what we can do to help you.
l   Maybe we'll stay in and watch television tonight.
l   I think I will have a holiday next year.
l   I don't think I'll buy that car.

2.      Prediction 預測
l   It will rain tomorrow.
l   People won't go to Jupiter before the 22nd century.
l   Who do you think will get the job?

3.      Be 應該是
l   I'll be in London tomorrow.
l   I'm going shopping. I won't be very long.
l   Will you be at work tomorrow?

When we use the simple future tense in speaking, we often contract the subject and auxiliary verb:
I will
I'll
you will
you'll
he will
she will
it will
he'll
she'll
it'll
we will
we'll
they will
they'll

For negative sentences in the simple future tense, we contract with won't, like this:
I will not
I won't
you will not
you won't
he will not
she will not
it will not
he won't
she won't
it won't
we will not
we won't
they will not
they won't

Exercise:
1.          You __________ never _____________ (help) him.

2.          The year 2222 is going to _________ (be) a very interesting year.

3.          John Smith __________________ (be) the next President.

4.          She is not going to _____________ (spend) her vacation in Hawaii.

5.          When are we going to __________ (meet) each other tonight?

6.          _________ you help me___________ (move) this heavy table?

7.          _________ you ____________ (make) dinner?

8.          I _______ not _________ (do) your homework for you.

9.          I __________ (be) ten year old next year.

10.      You ______________ (go) with me tomorrow.

How do we make the Simple Future Tense?
The structure of the simple future tense is:
subject
+
auxiliary verb WILL
+
main verb
invariable
base
will
V1

For negative sentences in the simple future tense, we insert not between the auxiliary verb and main verb. For question sentences, we exchange the subject and auxiliary verb. Look at these example sentences with the simple future tense:

subject
auxiliary verb
main verb

+
I
will

open
the door.
+
You
will

finish
before me.
-
She
will
not
be
at school tomorrow.
-
We
will
not
leave
yet.
?
Will
you

arrive
on time?
?
Will
they

want
dinner?

沒有留言:

發佈留言